If your fitness goal is to get ripped and maintain a toned body, you are probably spending most of your life in the gym. However, the gym isn’t the only place you need to focus your attention. In order to increase muscle mass, you will also need to spend time in the grocery store, picking out the right foods for a balanced diet. You also need to make sure you’re using the right supplements to help you on your fitness journey. Look at this nutrobal writeup if you don’t think your current supplements are working very well. Your supplements and diet are 2 of the most important factors in getting ripped. Check out these grocery lists that can help you achieve the toned body you’ve always wanted.
The Get-Ripped Grocery List
While you’re conducting your strength-training, it is important that you create a workout and diet plan. Hitting the gym and pumping iron simply won’t be enough to promote your muscle mass or create the ripped look you want. Therefore, you should head to the grocery store with this shopping list for muscle-building foods.
- Eggs are constantly fighting for their position as a healthy food. However, they have been scientifically proven to build muscle fast. Egg yolks specifically can act as steroid hormones and promote muscle contraction and growth.
- Protein such as 97% lean ground beef, fish, and skinless chicken breasts can help to build, repair and maintain muscle tissue. You should be eating 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight.
- Bananas can increase the level of glycogen in your muscles and prevent them from breaking down. The potassium found in bananas can also increase muscle contraction.
- Avocados are a great food for any diet. It helps to maintain fat in the right places and provides a toned core as you build more muscle.
The Cardio Grocery List
Cardio and strength-training go hand-in-hand if you want to get ripped fast. You should be incorporating at least 45 minutes of cardio exercises twice a week in order to gain the best results. 30 minutes to an hour before cardio, you should try to eat one of these foods.
- Oats have a low-glycemic index and an impressive amount of fiber to help regulate blood sugar levels. This will help you feel more energized and ultimately run longer and faster.
- Beetroot has been found to improve muscle efficiency and promote faster runs. Researchers at St. Louis University found that athletes ran 5km faster after eating beetroot.
- Almonds are one of the best food choices for runners as they are light and easy to eat. They also promote the flow of oxygen through your body and can help you breathe right during a run.
The Number One Ingredient on Your Grocery List
One important aspect to remember throughout your day is to stay hydrated. Water is the most essential nutrient in any exercise and should be your number one priority for any grocery list. It transports oxygen to your muscles to promote muscle mass, and also allows for the movement of all nutrients throughout your body. Water can also create a more efficient metabolism and acts as the last puzzle piece for getting ripped and maintaining a toned body.
Next time you head to the store, remember these lists to help you create a nutritional diet just for your muscles.
Photo Credit: Kyle Johnson